Monday, February 2, 2009

Superbowl Monday

Thanks to a program called TVU, Katie, Dave and I were able to watch the Superbowl live this morning. We had the game streaming on the computer and hooked the computer up to play through the TV. We had some glitches at first, but thankfully Katie's computer came through and we got to see pretty much the whole game, including commercials and the halftime show (which is important to us American culture starved ex-pats). To watch the game live, we got up at 7:30 a.m. I'm a loyal Colts fan, so with them out I wasn't really rooting for either team, but if I'd had to pick, I guess I was cheering for Pittsburg. We were all just happy that it was an exciting game and a close finish.

During halftime, we made coffee and chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. Not exactly your typically Superbowl party snacks but the pancakes were delicious and really fluffy! Rather strange to be watching a live football game and eating breakfast at the same time.

No comments: