Monday, February 23, 2009

Taipei Street Scenes

View of Taipei from the window of our hostel room.Taipei streets reminded me of Hong Kong with the bright, gaudy vertical signs stacked up and down every street. The locals love their electric scooters. Scooters are definitely the preferred method of travel.

I love traveling to places in Asia and finding 7/11 convenience stores! I don't know why but there's just something comforting and welcoming about them and every time I walk by one, I want to go in and buy a drink. When you're standing in the door of a 7/11 in Taipei, you can literally see probably 5 more stores on the same block. Taiwan 7/11s had real milk--white and chocolate!! And Coke Zero!Crazy crowded night market in Taipei.
Some kind of odd street food for sale. Sticky, gooey rice balls? I'm not really sure . . . The first night we were in Taipei, KT and I went to 3 Starbucks stores (all within a block of our hostel!) and they ALL had lines out the door and down the block. Granted it was Valentine's Day and the weekend which I'm sure made for a more crowded time, but that's so many people wanting coffee!

No comments: