Friday, February 20, 2009

Taipei!

Got back from Taiwan last night at 2:30 a.m. What a great trip! Katie and I loved Taiwan. There's so much I could say. I'm so glad we took the chance to go. So many blogable moments (I love how people now think of experiences in terms of their "blogableness"). Since I'm still organizing, editing, and uploading photos today this post only features one bloggable item.

The Taipei 101 Tower. Might be the world's tallest building, might be second to the Dubai tower now (reports on these towers differed on whether or not the Dubai tower was actually finished yet and what actually defines a "tower"). You can go up to the observation decks on the 80-somethingth floor, but Katie and I decided to just admire the tower from the ground, although we did go in and eat at the amazing foodcourt in the tower's basement. The entrance price was a bit steep for our ultra-budget trip and we had mostly overcast weather which wouldn't have made for good views anyways. Supposedly the tower was built to resemble a stalk of bamboo. So, I wonder why the purple lights and not green lights? . . .

It was quite a cool site to see though--purple or green, clouds or no clouds.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: