Saturday, August 30, 2008

Thank you from China Mobile

Last week, I went to China Mobile to change my cell phone plan so that my number would be a local number for this area, rather than being based in Yichang. You know how confusing cell phone plans are to begin with? . . . try figuring all of that out in a second language and through translators! But I did come away with a new service plan and a new number (you have to change your number when you move which I think is ridiculous. It's still the same company, China Mobile, why can't you keep your number?). I also came away with free "thank-you-for-changing-your-service-plan" gifts. I received a plastic basin, a toothbrush, a tube of toothpaste, a bar of soap, and a China Mobile mug. Why those things, I'm not sure. But I guess they're useful and promote personal hygiene . . . and I did need more coffee mugs (see previous post).

No comments: