Friday, August 29, 2008

Life is (not so) Good

Sadly, when I unpacked a box of kitchen stuff that Katie and I had shipped down from Yichang, this was the condition of my favorite coffee mug. I thought we did a good job packing our dishes, but I guess they couldn't withstand being thrown around by EMS, the mailing service we used. Katie and I lost about half of our dishes, but they weren't that valuable and can be replaced. It was random and odd which dishes survived and which dishes were reduced to shards of glass. Four other glass coffee mugs survived the move without a scratch. We lost the crock pot, but the coffeepot made it. All the large plates were intact but the cereal bowls were smashed. I will miss that coffee mug. Life is good when you have coffee, but it's not quite as good if it's not in the right mug.

No comments: