Sunday, August 24, 2008

First Post from Mengzi

I don't have time to write much, but I made it to Mengzi, my new city. After being told that the school was going to have us live in a hotel room for the whole year (which didn't go over well), Katie and I put our international diplomatic skills (and a lot prayer) to work and were able to get the school to move us into new apartments. It will take a while to get unpacked, moved in, organized, and completely settled, but at least I have a place to settle in to. The apartment still needs kitchen equipment and a washing machine, but we've been told those things are on the way. This afternoon, we should get some information about our classes and the curriculum since classes are supposed to start . . . um yeah, tomorrow. Getting to see Brian and Victoria and the kids was great and they had a supply of food and a beautiful bouquet of pink lilies greeting us in our rooms. Since I am now the proud owner of a new camera (thanks Grandpa and Grandma), I'll try to post pictures as soon as I can. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers as I traveled. It was a long trip and we did have a slight fender-bender in the van on the way to Mengzi, but we were all safe and my luggage arrived with me and in tact.

More to come from Mengzi . . .

No comments: