Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Fought the Roach and the Roach Won

So last night I found a HUGE roach in the bathroom perched on top my hairspray bottle (sorry, no photos, I was too grossed out to think of the camera). For all of the roaches that Katie and I exterminated in Yichang, you'd think I'd be a little more used to them. But, the nasty creatures still gross me out and this was my first solo roach battle. Last night's roach was way too big for my cool new Super Swat Fly Swatter that I brought with me. For lack of any Raid, I decided to first spray it with glass cleaner to either A) kill it with chemicals or B) make it move to a place where I could whack it with my tennis shoe. The glass cleaner made it run around on the counter and then move to door frame where I gathered all of my courage and attempted to hit it with the shoe. Well, I hit it but didn't kill it and it darted away under my newly acquired washing machine. We had to call a truce at that point. I wonder if the glass cleaner finally got to it or if it's stealthily waiting to spring out at me tonight.

So will there be more or less roaches in Mengzi than in Yichang?

Must remember to buy Raid . . .

No comments: