Tuesday, December 25, 2007

圣诞快乐

Merry Christmas! My Christmas Day 2007 is nearly over (it's 11:00 p.m.) and I'm sitting here astounded at how blessed I am with an amazing family and the absolute best friends anyone could ask for. I cannot even begin to describe how amazing my Christmas with Katie, Beth, Brad, and Amy was. We opened presents for 5 hours straight. And it wasn't just that we had went overboard buying stuff for each other (even though we did do that) but the most amazing part was the thought and creativity that went into making and creating personalized, special, meaningful gifts for each other. I can't even begin to describe it. It was amazing and my heart can't take anymore. And my mom, dad, sister and brother-in-law are just as amazing and I can't brag on them enough. The presents that my parents sent are more than I could ask for and my sister is the sweetest and best friend in the world. As with all of my China Christmases, I'm sad at not being home and I get a lump in my throat when I see pictures of my family and I'm not in them. But, the blessings that have come today and this whole year in China reinforce to me that I'm right where I'm supposed to be, even on Christmas Day.

Katie, Brad, Amy, Beth - Love you guys and thank you more times than I can say. We are bonded for life and this definitely was . . . "the best day ever."

Mom, Dad, Kara, and John - I miss you all so much (and the dogs). I love you all and although I've said it so many times, I know I have the most incredible family anyone could ask for.

To my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins - I miss all of you too. I love all the Christmas memories that I have of Christmas Eve's and Christmas Day. The food, all the people, the presents, the games . . . I'll see you all again soon and am looking forward to having a "Christmas in July" gathering with everyone. Grandma, can we make cut-out cookies this summer?!

To others who sent boxes and cards - everything was much appreciated! Thank you so much.

I'll have some pictures soon and some other fun posts about Christmas gifts. Merry Christmas and goodnight as Christmas closes on this side of the world.


O come, Desire of nations, bind
All peoples in one heart and mind;
Bid envy, strife, and quarrels cease,
Fill all the world with heaven's peace.

Rejoice! Rejoice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Missed having you here! Hope you had a Merry Christmas.