Friday, March 27, 2009

Smell Your Soap

As a follow-up to my toothpaste sampling post . . .

Yesterday I was at the same grocery store and I noticed that in the soap aisle they had a bar of every kind of soap out and setting on a little soap dish on the shelves! Again, there's no sink, so I can't actually sample the soap to see how well it washes my hands. I guess it's all about being able to choose the scent you want. As with my thoughts on the toothpaste, nice gesture on the store's part I suppose, but it's still funny and slightly odd. Not to mention, a rather big waste of soap.

Sadly, I didn't get a picture of the soap aisle because there were too many workers around (if you've ever been to a Chinese supermarket, you completely understand that) and they don't like you taking pictures in the store.

Maybe this trend will catch on to the other aisles and they'll start offering samples of all the different kinds of food and snacks they sell too. I would find it useful to be able to sample all the different flavors of chips or cookies (especially since they have some weird flavors here) before I buy them.

No comments: