Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Red River U

Here's a picture of one of the buildings on campus that I teach in. We refer to it as the Clock Tower building. I'm hoping to get to go up to the top of the clock tower section someday. This is one of the newer buildings on campus. Our campus, like the town of Mengzi, is a mixture of new and old buildings. I'll try to get some more pictures around campus, something that I'm always meaning to do. I have Dawson to thank for this picture.


And here's a picture of me, Katie, and Dave at the front gate of the school. Did you know that Hong He University translates to Red River College? And there's also a famous cigarette brand in China with the same name. So whenever we say what school we teach at, (especially when we're outside of Mengzi) people associate it with a pack of cigarettes. We decided it would be like going to Marlboro University or Joe Camel College in the States! :-) Oh well! . . . it's still a good school to work at.

No comments: