Monday, December 29, 2008

Permanent Pests

I'm enjoying the warm weather that we still have in Mengzi. Most days we have sun, blue skies, breeze, and you can get by with just wearing a jacket or light sweater--certainly a welcome change after freezing in Yichang the past few winters. Winter in Mengzi is probably quite similar to winters in Florida in the States. But, the downside to warm winters is that flies and mosquitoes don't ever leave! They're everywhere still and so so so annoying! The strange thing is that the mosquitoes don't seem to ever bite me, they just buzz around my face at night making me go crazy. Any one know why mosquitoes stop biting in the winter? Bites or no bites, I need some sort of offense against the mosquitoes. Next time I'm out shopping, I'm going to buy one of those zapper rackets (do they have those in the States)?

No comments: