Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Boxing Day!

Happy Boxing Day to everyone! Wikipedia tells me Boxing Day is celebrated in the UK and UK related countries (Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc.). Since Boxing Day is always on my calendar, but since I don't really know how one is supposed to celebrate Boxing Day, I decided a couple years ago that this is a day when I'm especially thankful for all of the boxes that people send me. So to my parents, John and Kara, Grandma, Ruby, Bob and Debbie, Carma, Beth, and others who have sent me really great boxes . . . thanks so much! Your thoughtfulness means a lot and I always enjoy all of my boxing goodies! :)

2 comments:

Dawson Smith said...

I am going to incorporate boxing day into my life to next year. I am so thankful for boxes!

Joanna said...

good call on the celebration of Boxing Day. If I recall my history an all Boxing Day is when the ruling classes (or those who had servants) allowed their staff a day off to celebrate Christmas. Why that particular name I'm not sure. Of course; I could be entirely wrong about the whole thing.