Saturday, September 27, 2008

Communicatory Day

I'm not always the best phone person. I talk to mom and dad and Kara quite often, but when it comes to friends, a lot of times I wish it really was the thought that counted . . . because I do think about calling people a lot. I'm just not really good at following through. But, the last 24 hours have been quite happy where the phone is concerned. I got to talk to my dad, then Kara, then Beth (on gtalk), then Amy, quick hi to Dawson (also on gtalk), then Shin Hong, then my mom . . . all since last night.

I'm continuously thankful for modern communication technology. I can talk to friends and family on the other side of the world (or the next country over) for free or nearly free!

Thanks to a tip from Victoria, I just discovered talkster.com which is a great way to make free long-distance or international calls . . . unless your family lives in Coatesville, IN which is the black hole of all telecommunications.

No comments: