Saturday, April 19, 2008

Solitary Saturday

For the last three weekends, I've found myself packing up with somewhere to go. First was to Wu Dang Mountain, then Beijing, and last weekend I was in Yidu for Saturday and Sunday. Combine those trips with my regular classes, part time job, school activities, several weekly Studies, Chinese class, along with spending time with friends and students and trying to help Katie get off to Ireland, I hadn't quite realized how little downtime I'd had for the last month. This weekend I found myself alone with (somewhat shockingly) . . . nothing to do.

Instructions for the Perfect Saturday morning:

*Ignore your alarm clock
*Lay in bed listening to the thunder and the rain, knowing you don't have to go out in it (I quite enjoy thunder . . . we don't get enough of it here).
*Take a long shower and use up all the hot water
*Make a huge pot of coffee
*Leisurely sip your coffee while catching up on emails and the news
*Turn on some relaxing music
*Light some scented candles
*Read a book on the couch

I hope this doesn't make me sound like a lazy bum, but it sure was nice to have a quiet morning all to myself. Now that it's afternoon, I'm still enjoying this rainy Saturday, but I think I will move on to some slightly more productive activities . . . while still enjoying my coffee, candles, music, and the rain.

No comments: