Thursday, April 17, 2008

Beijing Get-away

Here are a few pictures from my Beijing get-away.


Miriam and Sarah and their puppies, Bentley and Sweetie. Miriam and Sarah let me stay with them while I was in Beijing. They both used to live in Yichang and I've known them for several years now. They're always tons of fun and we have a good time laughing about China happenings when we're together. Their dogs are lots of fun too!
Bentley's my little buddy.
This place is called "The Place" (very creative of them) but I took a picture of it because that entire roof area is one giant screen. Talk about excessive! There's usually some news program being broadcast on the front part, but the the underneath area usually just has fish swimming around when you look up at it. The Place has a great all-English bookstore in the basement, reminds me of a mini Barnes and Nobles (a place dear to my heart).

My long time Pearl Market friend who gives me the "old friend price" sans bargaining making my Pearl Market shopping excursions much more enjoyable.
Recognize this logo? One of my new favorite American treats in Beijing.
Coldstone Creamery! Yum!

No comments: