Saturday, March 8, 2008

Happy Women's Day

Today is International Women's Day so take a moment to appreciate your femininity (that is, of course, if you are female) . . . go shopping, take a half day off work, go to the spa, go see a movie, tell your husband to buy you a gift. At least, that seems to be what most of our Chinese friends do on Women's Day. Or else they get drunk at lunch (which I do not recommend . . . having seen our friends ruin their holidays that way).

This morning I had a quick Women's Day breakfast at Sandra's with Beth and Amy - a nice time to girl chat. Then I chatted with my parents and my sister. So happy to finally get to talk to Kara! In the afternoon I cleaned the apartment which is actually something I like to do and find rather therapeutic. Tonight for supper Katie and I met three of our good friends from Yichang Foreign Language School and their daughters and a had a fun dinner a Korean Restaurant (which included a game of freeze tag on the roof). Tonight I baked a cake. Not a bad way to spend this gender-biased day, I guess. Plus, the weather was beautiful.

Sorry for my blog slacking this week. I was down for several days with some kind of cold/flu and am just today feeling back up to par. Hopefully I can get back in the bloggy swing of things now. Actually the main reason for this post is so that the Indian train baby story isn't the first thing on my blog anymore. My mom told me it made her cringe when she looked at my blog. And, now that I think about it, I guess it's fitting to move that story out of the way on Women's Day.

No comments: