Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Eggs and Cookies

Happy Easter . . . a few days late. On Saturday we had some of Katie's freshmen students and Shinhong (a.k.a. Sam . . . our fun, new Korean friend) over to color eggs and decorate some cookies. We had a great time. Sam said they decorate eggs in Korea so we thought he'd like to try the American way of coloring eggs (in China, which I find funny). I realized that this is my fifth set of Easter egg coloring pictures in China. I have pictures from the last four Easters coloring eggs and sharing the Easter story with different groups of Chinese friends. Hard to believe I just had my fifth Easter in China.


Mom and Kara--I'm making the "ugly egg" in this picture. Our traditions live on even on the other side of the world.
These girls did a great job decorating cookies with frosting and sprinkles.

Here is Sam's "flower man" . . . a combination of a flower cookie and two sets of bunny ears, sprinkles for a face, and some frosting glue. I felt a little bad about giving the bunnies "ear-ectomies" but it was worth it to make the funny flower man. The earless bunnies still fulfilled their purpose in life (we ate them) and have gone on to a happier place.
We sent some of the cookies home with the girls but had all of these left to eat on Easter Sunday morning. Grandma, aren't you proud of me! :) Once again, our traditions are being passed on. Mom and Kara, the top yellow bunny on the white plate is my shout-out to Peeps.

No comments: