Friday, October 17, 2008

First Mengzi Package

Just when I was down on the mail delivery here in Mengzi, I got a package from dad and mom that made really good time. Some of the letters that Katie and I have gotten seemed like they were taking a long time to get here (like more than 3 weeks). So, when dad and mom sent me a box I was worried that I'd have to wait forever to get it. But it came in about 10 days!

Besides sending me a book that I really wanted, dad and mom stocked me up on coffee, mac 'n cheese, tuna, brownie mixes, sugar-free drink mixes, and Reeses! Yum! All stuff I can't get here. Plus I got a magazine and crossword puzzles. Thanks so much mom and dad . . . you send the best boxes!

I'm still having trouble sending international mail from Mengzi. The Mengzi China Post seems baffled as to how to send something overseas. The Rices say they usually save their international mail and send it when they go to Kunming. That's fine, but that means only being able to mail stuff about once a month. Feels a little like the days of the Pony Express and stage coach deliveries.

No comments: