Sunday, October 19, 2008

20-Legged Race

On Saturday, Hong He University celebrated its 30th anniversary. There were games and activities on campus all day with a concert and fireworks in the evening. In the morning, at the stadium, there were some races. One of the races was a 20-legged race (well, about 20 people with their legs tied together, I'm not exactly sure how many "legs" that makes). The teams practice quite extensively to be able to do this without falling down. Sadly though, a few teams did end up wiping-out. I didn't actually see any bad falls, but Katie and the Rices did. I guess this is supposed to promote teamwork and camaraderie and coordination? I've never seen anyone attempt anything like this in the States . . . makes our 3-legged races look kind of wimpy.

1 comment:

TaiYang said...

I can't see the video... says it's no longer available... sigh