Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

Saturday morning Dawson, Katie, and I (I was late, but did make it) got together with some students who were interested in baseball. It's quite entertaining to watch kids attempt baseball who not only have never played before, but have never even watched baseball before. Honestly, for being that inexperienced, they all did pretty well and seemed to have a great time. We used a tennis ball instead of a real baseball since there was a shortage of gloves. There were several funny moments--once a kid ran from second base out into left field since he didn't realize where third base was. Sometimes the hitter got a default homerun just because the outfield didn't realize where to throw the ball. I actually hit the ball both times I was up to bat, which is pretty good for me since I'm athletically challenged.

(I can't take any credit for organizing this. Katie's the athletically minded one who's willing to take the time to organize baseball games for students)




No comments: