Thursday, April 30, 2009



Picture of a Chinese Job Fair in Nanjing (borrowed from another China blog)

China might not be be facing as much of an economic crisis as the US is in some areas; however, they are facing an employment crisis. I'm slightly worried about having to look for a job when I get back to the States, but I'm very thankful I'm not a recent Chinese college student looking for a job! I pray that my students can find good jobs. Imagine the frustration of being one of the first from your family or village to attend and graduate from college only to find that the jobs available to you aren't much better than if you didn't have a degree since there are so many college graduates in the Chinese job market.

Here's a link to the original blog where I saw the photo with an article from the Wall St. Journal and the blogger's comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad this gives excuses to those scum in the government to enforce birth control, which is a big conspiracy against Han Chinese.