Saturday, July 26, 2008

Trip to G'burg

This past Sunday I drove out to Katie's house in Galesburg, IL. Together we did a China presentation Sunday night and got to share about our work there, what's happened over the past year, and our future plans. We also tried to teach a couple songs in Chinese to the people who were there and we had a Q&A time. The previous Sunday, Katie came to my house to help me with my presentation so I was glad to be able to be there when she did hers. It's always better to have someone with you when you have to talk in front of people!

Teaching a Chinese song. Somehow the camera caught me looking very stern and serious (I think I was concentrating on the words) but Katie has a great smile :)
I was only in Galesburg until Monday evening so it was a fast trip but still fun to get to hang out with the McGunnigal gang and visit G'burg again! And we had a profitable trip to Goodwill where Katie's younger sister Kristy helped us find good buys and we all came away with some bargains. Yeah for cheap clothes! (um, but those aren't are our Goodwill clothes in these pictures)


No comments: