Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy 2008

A new year. A big year for China. China looks at 2008 as a way to showcase its progress to the world during the Olympics. It will be interesting to see how this year plays out in China. There's been so much anticipation and hype leading up to 2008. I'm not exactly sure what China will do after the Beijing Games are over. After the years of build-up, a let-down of sorts seems inevitable.

I'm interested to see how 2008 will play out for my own life. A big part of my life is coming to a close as I plan to move back to the States and go to graduate school next fall. Leaving China after what will be almost 5 years isn't going to be easy, but it's time. After the years, a let-down of sorts seems inevitable. I'm excited and scared at the same time, looking forward to being a student again but dreading having to figure out all of the details of relocating and starting an American life.

In case any one is interested, I managed to keep my one resolution from last year which was to become a hat person. At the beginning of last year I think I only had one hat and I always thought I looked weird when I wore it. I now own almost 10 hats and wear them frequently. Hats are great. They take all the pressure off your hair and outfit because your hat is what people notice when you're wearing one. I'm trying to come up with a similar resolution for this year but haven't come up with one yet. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Felix sit annus novus! (my dad picked out a Latin phrase-a-day tear-off calender for me as a Christmas present . . . "Happy New Year" is my first phrase . . . good grad school prep)

No comments: