Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Dinner!

Helping Mama Victoria get ready for Thanksgiving.

Katie and Victoria wrestle with the bird trying to get it ready for the oven.

25+ lb. turkey = 8 1/2 hours in oven. Smelled so good all day! Good thing the Rices have that great oven which is very, very rare in China.
Don't drop the turkey!That's not how you fix a turkey!
Brian carves the bird.
So much good food. Appetizers, bread, and drinks.
Everything you could wish for and more for Thanksgiving dinner.
Dessert! Apple pie, Cranberry Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pies, Brownies, Cheesecake, and Carrot Cake. All in China!

Just the food alone gave me so much to be thankful for! Mostly, I was thankful to be with Family. The Rices are my China family and all the people they invited to come share Thanksgiving dinner were Family too. Such a great time. Reminds me of dinners at my Grandma Gaugler's house. Noisy, hectic, people everywhere, tons of good food, family, friends. More post and pictures to come . . . so much to blog about!

1 comment:

Gabby Girl said...

I would have killed for both an oven and a 25 lbs turkey when I was in China - especially on Thanksgiving.