Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mobile in Mengzi

Last week, while in Kunming, Katie and I both bought bikes. Kunming had a much larger selection than Mengzi so we bought them there and had them shipped to Mengzi. Wednesday we got a call that our bikes had arrived! Only 20 yuan to ship both bikes from Kunming to Mengzi . . . good deal! But when we went to pick them up, they were disassembled and in boxes. So we had to have someone take them to the Rice's house on a three-wheel bike/wagon which also ended up costing 20 yuan for only about a mile! Victoria helped us get them from there to a bike shop so we could get them assembled and yesterday Katie and I finally got to ride them around Mengzi. From the university into town will be about a 20 minute ride and we'll be able to get around to almost any place in town on a bike. I'm excited for the mobility and all the chances for exercise. I'm not, however, excited about how sore I'm going to be for a while.


No comments: