Wednesday, January 9, 2008

From Mao To Mahatma . . .

So have I mentioned that I'm going to India for three weeks? Well, at least I think I am. Me, Katie, Brad, and Beth finally got our tickets confirmed today. It's been a bit of a roller coaster ride trying to make all the arrangements. And, the ride's not over. We have tickets but still no visas. Pray that we're able to get the Indian embassy in Beijing to process our visas in three days instead of the usual five! We had wanted to fly out next week but the only flights available were Sunday so we're scrambling and going sooner than we thought.

Our good friend Sooraj (he's an Indian medical student here at TGU) is going to be our host/tour guide and we're excited about being able to be with him in India and to meet his family and see his hometown. After a stopover in Sri Lanka, we plan to go to Trivandrum, Bangalore, Goa, Mumbai, and Delhi. Besides just sightseeing, we're hoping to do a mini missions trip and help out Dr. Edwin Chelli and his work in Bangalore (possibly at an orphanage) for a few days. Wow, I can't wait! It's going to be a trip of a lifetime . . . well, as long as we get our visas.

As much as I'm able, I'll try to post about my travels and share pictures.

Goodbye gray, cold Yichang. Hello sunny tropics and beaches. Goodbye China and chopsticks! Hello Curry and eating with our hands!

No comments: